The manikk Eurorack modules are components that should be installed in an approved and safe Eurorack modular synthesizer system.
- Make sure you use approved and good power supply and case.
- Make sure that the power is OFF:
- Install the module in an empty space in your rack. Mount it with the supplied screws.
- Then connect the +-12V ribbon cable between your Eurorack power supply and the power connector on the back of the module. Make sure to get the orientation correct on both ends of the cable.
- Turn on the power and inspect that everything works OK.
Power connector orientation
The power cables are created with flat ribbon cables.
Most (but not all ! ) Eurorack modules, power supplies and cables have markings for the -12V side of the ribbon cable. Usually a red stripe on the ribbon cable and texts on the PCB.
Two connector types are common:
- 2×5 = 10 pin IDC female connector
- 2×8 = 16 pin IDC female connector
Some cables have 16pin connectors in both ends, and others have 10pin on one side and 16pin on the other side.
The manikk cables are mainly the 10pin to 16pin variant with a red stripe for the -12V side. The 10pin connector goes to the manikk module and the 16pin connector goes to the eurorack modular synthesizer power supply.
Connector pin layout
Red stripe or marking usually means -12V.
2×5 = 10 pin IDC female connector:
2×8 = 16 pin IDC female connector:
The +5V, CV and Gate are not used by the manikk modules.